Thank you Red Velvet Snow for this nomination! I’m really happy to take part in this and enjoyed reading your responses.
Here are the rules:
Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
Tell us 11 facts about yourself
Answer the questions that were set for you
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
So 11 facts about me, myself and I
- I’m currently a student at University but love cooking on the side of my studies
- I have a Golden Retriever puppy who I adore and talk about endlessly
- I speak French and a bit of Spanish
- I’m not a fan of coconut (apart from in curries)
- I used to live in France and so a lot of my recipes are influenced by Mediterranean and Provençal cuisine
- One of my favourite movies is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. If you haven’t seen it then go buy it asap
- I’m a city girl through and through
- My favourite cocktail is a Peach Bellini
- I’m not into sciences, more of a humanities gal
- I’m interested in journalism
- I procrastinate on BuzzFeed far too much…
And now to answer the questions I was asked:
When did you start blogging, and what got you started?
I started blogging this summer because I wanted to expand my Spill The Beans Instagram page and be able to write more about the recipes I had created and restaurants I’ve visited.
What is your favourite vacation spot?
It’s got to be the South of France, near Nice, because I spent a chunk of my childhood there and have great memories from the Côte d’Azur. The art galleries are beautiful, especially the Fondation Maeght in St Paul de Vence and the weather is gorgeous to say the least.
What is your favourite meal?
Oooh this is difficult. My favourite meal changes quite often but nothing beats the burger at Burger & Lobster.
If you had to trade places with one person for a day, who would it be?
I would love to trade places with one of the people who’s in charge of Google Doodle, the illustrations that change the ‘Google’ logo for a specific event.
What do you do with your free time?
I enjoy going out with friends and touring London in sunny weather.
What inspired your blog name?
I wanted to share the secrets of my recipes and favourite foodie places so I thought that ‘Spill The Beans’ was a catchy and tongue n cheek way of describing my blog.
What period in time would you like to live in?
I think it would have to be the 1920s, mainly because I love the book The Great Gatsby and always thought it would be cool to attend one of his extravagant parties and dance the Charleston.
What are three words that describe you?
Smiley, unintentionally-funny and organised.
If you could live in any book, TV, or movie – which one would it be?
Probably an obvious one but I’d choose Harry Potter. It just seems like it would be loads of fun (minus Voldemort). It’s incredible how J K Rowling has created a whole world out of her writing.
Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are the first 5 things on it?
I didn’t really have one but this made me think about a few things that I’d love to do:
- Travel to every country
- Write for a magazine or newspaper
- Speak 5 languages
What’s your favourite item of clothing in your closet at the moment?
Black culotte shorts with a white flower pattern
And here are the bloggers I nominate:
Don’t worry if you don’t want to participate in the nomination, as Red Velvet Snow said, it’s just an appreciation of your blog! Here are the questions I have for you guys to answer if you fancy doing so:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What’s your favourite movie and why?
- Who’s your favourite chef?
- What’s your dream job?
- Favourite animal?
- If you could time-travel only once, would you go into the future or the past?
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- What TV show can you binge-watch?
- Popcorn – salty or sweet?
- What’s your favourite city?
- What is the book you could read again and again?